As part of the Programme Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Strategy the programme team is keen on keeping the stakeholders in the system well informed on the latest developments. We will do this by sending brief updates systematically to all those involved in delivering the best possible care in cancer services within the Alliance footprint.
Since our last communications update the programme has:
- We have been supporting our organisations to improve services, particularly in relation to the national 62 day performance target (more information here).
- The performance of Humber, Coast and Vale’s organisations against the key target has been steadily improving over the past three months (September to November 2017). Performance in November 2017 was almost 80% (79.94%)
across Humber, Coast and Vale.
- We have developed a Cancer Dashboard report to be discussed and agreed at the next System Performance and Monitoring (SPAM) Group meeting and System Board meetings on 15th January 2018.
- We have continued to work on the diagnostics capacity and demand analysis (to help us identify opportunities for improving cancer diagnosis across the region). A final report is expected by the end of January 2018.
- We have continued the tripartite weekly meetings (NHS England, NHS Improvement and Humber, Coast and Vale Cancer Alliance)
- We confirmed a start date for our new Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Manager, who will join the team in the first week in April and will be supported by a Communications Assistant (Engagement).
- We have worked with the Yorkshire and the Humber Cancer Clinical Network to develop an outline business case to support the early implementation of a regional faecal immunochemical testing (FIT) service in conjunction with the three constituent Cancer Alliances (South Yorkshire, Bassetlaw & North
- Derbyshire, West Yorkshire & Harrogate and Humber, Coast & Vale). Further
details of this available in separate briefing (available on request).
- Next stakeholder updates will be on:
Friday 19 January 2018
Friday 26 January 2018
Director – HCV Cancer Alliance Programme