As part of the Programme Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Strategy the programme team is keen on keeping the stakeholders in the system well informed on the latest developments. We will do this by sending brief updates systematically to all those involved in delivering the best possible care in cancer services within the Alliance footprint.
The programme this week has:
- Discussed and agreed clinical leadership for Tumour Sites Specific Groups (TSSG) for Lung, Prostate and Colorectal with lead clinicians from 3 secondary care providers in HCV. Terms of reference for the groups will drafted
- Discussed with NHSI the importance of setting up plans and dates for delivery of the three pathways as they are a key deliverable for this financial year. Also discussed with NHSI the linkage between delivery of the three pathways and HCV Cancer Alliance funding as the pathways are considered a key enabler for sustainable delivery of 62 day target in the footprint.
- Drafted the HCV approach to stakeholder engagement and communications to be discussed at the next Programme Executive and presented to the System Board
- Successfully recruited Alison Cockerill as our new programme manager for the Living With and Beyond (LWAB) work stream
- The national Cancer Breach allocation system will come into force on 1st July 2018. If you would like to know how it will affect performance on 62 day standard in your trust you can consult the guidance in the following link: o National Cancer Breach Allocation Guidance
- Continued the recruitment of a GP primary care lead. Please cascade if you know of a GP within the system that could potentially be interested. Below is the link to the ad
- Agreed with the HCV Cancer Alliance Communications and stakeholder engagement team that these Friday Summary Communications will in the near future be replaced by a monthly newsletter
- Macmillan Cancer Support will be publishing the details of its Census on cancer, palliative and chemotherapy speciality nurses and support workers in England next Monday (30th April).The national picture will be available from Monday, here: https://www.macmillan.org.uk/about-us/what-we-do/evidence/researchpublications
- Next stakeholder updates will be on:
- Friday 04 May 2018
- Friday 11 May 2018
Director – HCV Cancer Alliance Programme