As part of the Programme Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Strategy the programme team is keen on keeping the stakeholders in the system well informed on the latest developments. We will do this by sending brief updates systematically to all those involved in delivering the best possible care in cancer services within the Alliance footprint.
The programme this week has:
- Agreed to be an active partner with North West London (NWL) in the market engagement process for a networked radiology solution. This initial engagement will take place in early May.
- Progressed the capacity and demand work stream (radiology, pathology) and is hoping to have the majority of data in the model by end of April
- Programmed a further stakeholder work shop on 20 June to start to identify priorities and actions in relation to the above mentioned work stream
- Agreed consultancy support to develop the FIT Business Case for Humber Coast and Vale to be approved by the appropriate Delivery Board and Alliance System Board.
- Agreed training from consultancy for next week on the workings of the FIT Business Case mathematical model
- Had its quarterly performance assurance meeting with NHSE North Region and NHSI. Due to HCVs performance to date on the 62 day target we have been identified as likely to benefit from the National Support Fund. On Tuesday and Thursday next week the HCV Cancer Alliance have scheduled conference calls with NHSI, NHSE Regional and National teams to agree where additional support is required, initially to support recovery of the 62 day standard in Q1 & 2 in 18/19. Any further funding agreed will be incorporated into the HCV Cancer Alliance final funding agreement. This final funding agreement is scheduled to be signed off by 30 April 2018.
- The national Cancer Breach allocation system will come into force on 1st July 2018. If you would like to know how it will affect performance on 62 day standard in your trust you can consult the guidance in the following link:
- Initiated the recruitment of a GP primary care lead. Please cascade if you know of a GP within the system that could potentially be interested. Below is the link to the ad
- Next stakeholder updates will be on:
- Friday 20 April 2018
- Friday 27 April 2018
Director – HCV Cancer Alliance Programme